A Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration PHMSA oil spill response plan in Texas, when developed properly, is a very important tool for providing guidelines to quickly, safely and effectively respond to a spill from oil pipelines. Although a discharge is never the intention, a PHMSA oil response plan in Texas will consider a worst case discharge from pipeline(s) to ensure you are prepared to provide effective and efficient response activities. ESE Partners can help you put together a plan that not only addresses conceivable discharge scenarios, but also ensures you are compliant with all regulatory mandates.
A Brief Overview of an Oil Response Plan
Many facility operators look at a PHMSA oil spill response plan in Texas as something to dread. And yes, it can take an incredible amount of time and resources to put together. But it serves an extremely important purpose. It helps to improve the ability of facilities as well as first responders to successfully mitigate potentially disastrous situations.
Your PHMSA oil spill response plan in Texas will involve a variety of components, including:
- Identification of all pipelines, breakout tanks and associated details (length, diameter, shell capacity, product stored, county/parish located in, etc.);
- Identification of Qualified Individuals, with full authority to manage response activities;
- Identification of contracted Oil Spill Removal Organizations;
- Calculation of Worst Case Discharge;
- Description of chemical and physical characteristics of all products potentially involved in a discharge;
- Description of notification procedures to be followed if a spill occurs;
- Identification of equipment, manpower, alarms and other resources available for spill response;
- And more.
Let ESE Partners Help You Deal with the Complexities
ESE Partners can be an indispensable help in preparing your PHMSA oil spill response plan in Texas. Find out how by calling your local office as soon as possible. We will help you rest much easier knowing that your response plan will be complete and effective.