Developing a Texas compliance audit can be an overwhelming process regardless of the size of your company. But for smaller operations, it’s even worse. Trying to not only manage everything that goes into environmental compliance, but to understand complex rules and regulations, it takes a lot of time, expertise, and resources. If you could use some help, the professionals with ESE Partners are here to help you put together your compliance audit in Texas.
What Does a Comprehensive Audit Entail?
The consequences of not performing a Texas compliance audit can be substantial – even financially crippling for some companies. These not only include severe penalties and hefty fines, but also potential public relations nightmares. Here are just some of the components of the typical compliance audit in Texas.
- Title V air permits
- New Source Review permits
- Stormwater and chemical inventories
- Refrigerant emissions reporting
- Toxic Substance Control Act compliance
- And many others
In our years of helping clients with their compliance audit in Texas, we have seen a lot of them commit several serious mistakes. These are some of the ones we encounter on a regular basis.
- Not providing updated Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) or chemical inventories.
- Failing to complete stormwater inspections, training or sampling, or failing to keep them up to date.
- Providing outdated Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) training for employees tasked with signing chemical waste manifests.
- Failing to ensure that storage or collection practices for waste products such as fluorescent lights, batteries, thermostats, etc. are sufficient to meet state and federal requirements.
If your company has operated out of compliance for years, you simply have to change. The TCEQ (Texas Commission on Environmental Quality) provides an option through the Texas Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Audit Privilege Act. You may be able to avoid all penalties and fines if you participate in this program and meet all of the timelines and requirements. We will be happy to tell you more.
Contact ESE Partners
ESE Partners is ready to help with all of your Texas compliance audit needs. If you would like more information, please get in touch with your nearest ESE Partners office.